There are no prerequisites to take this course. However, you should be familiar with using a personal computer, mouse, and keyboard. You should be comfortable in a Windows environment and have the ability to launch and close activities and navigate to information stored on the computer. You should also have an ability to manage files and folders.
You must have previous experience as an administrative assistant to be eligible to sit for the Certified Administrative Professional certification exam.
Candidates must meet specific education and administrative office support professional experience, which are:
- No College Degree - 4 years of relevant work experience is required
- Associates Degree - 3 years of relevant work experience is required
- Bachelor's Degree - 2 years of relevant work experience is required
All relevant work experience must have been earned within the last ten years. CAP certification is designed for office and administrative professionals who engage in the following:
- Communicate within the organization (both verbal and written)
- Conduct business writing, including proofreading and editing
- Maintain office functions and record keeping
- Plan meetings, events, and arrange travel
- Maintain budgets and basic accounting functions
- Manage time and other resources for themselves and others
- Utilize technology, including virtual and mobile, with strong computer and internet research skills
- Coordinate communications between internal staff and/or external clients
Please visit https://www.iaap-hq.org/page/Certification for more detailed information on eligibility.