A basic understanding of cloud computing is recommended but not required.
To sit for the Microsoft Azure Fundamentals exam, the following is recommended:
- Be familiar with the general technology concepts, including concepts of networking, storage, computing, application support, and application development.
- No, IT experience is required to sit for the exam.
To sit for the Microsoft Azure Security Technologies exam, the following experience is recommended:
- Have subject matter expertise implementing Azure security controls that protect identity, access, data, applications, and networks in cloud and hybrid environments as part of an end-to-end infrastructure.
- Have practical experience in the administration of Azure and hybrid environments.
- Have experience with infrastructure such as code, security operations processes, cloud capabilities, and Azure services.