There are no prerequisites to take this course. However, you must be familiar with using a personal computer and Windows environment. You must also be able to launch and close programs, navigate to information stored on the computer, and manage files and folders.
To be eligible for the CDA certification:
- You must have a minimum of a high school diploma or GED, or be a junior or senior in a high school career and technical program, and
- Complete 120 hours of formal early childhood technical education (this course meets CDA requirements)
- Complete a CDA professional portfolio (this course assists with portfolio preparation)
- Complete a CDA verification site visit where a PD Specialist observes you working with children
Please Note: Within three years of submitting your application, you must also have 480 hours of professional work experience at a center-based program with experience in all three age groups.
For more information on the CDA requirements, please visit the CDA Council website.
To earn the Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) Associate Certification:
- You must pass all three of the following exams:
- MO-100 (Word)
- MO-200 (Excel)
- MO-300 (PowerPoint)